"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy" Proverbs 31:8-9

Sunday 8 May 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

I may be biased, but I have the best mother in the world.  She is so awesome. 

Happy Mothers Day to all mothers, may it be a very special day.

So they say "A picture says a thousand words" - therefore, let these pictures do the talking.. Taken from World Vision's facebook page...

These are for you, Mumsie xoxox


"Agnes, from Rwanda, is a new mother who also has her own sewing business after undertaking vocational training supported by World Vision.  Agnes says: “I have a dream of having good health for me and my child. I wish to have a good life for me and family."













"Amide lives in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. She gave birth to her daughter Catherine just one hour after the 7.0 magnitude earthquake hit Haiti on 12 January 2010.

"The hospital shook violently and I was thrown off the bed," said Amide. "I was in the final stages of labour when the earthquake struck. Everyone ran out of the building." As everyone ran, Amide was left alone at the height of her delivery. "I was terrified and cried out for help, I called out to God. The building cracked and shook but thank God it didn't collapse."