"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy" Proverbs 31:8-9

Saturday 28 May 2011

Can't Ask for More!

What a week!

Firstly, both my sister and a friend signed up to sponsor children!! Amazing!

Secondly I received 2 letters from Niki in East Indonesia.  Other than these, we have only received her first intro letter.  Part of what she wrote that touched my heart "Dear Mother Kathryn.  I am so happy to see your face if only through a picture.  I have put your picture where everyone can see."  I was in tears!



Niki is the first child to ever call me "mother", and she is just so special.  She had waited over 18 months for a sponsor, and I found her on the Canadian Compassion site and had her transfered.  Just a beautiful girl.

Then, I received a thankyou card from Pras is Indonesia.  We sponsored him the week after his birthday in January, so I immediately sent him a $30 birthday gift.  Hence, this thankyou card.  He bought good shoes to wear to church, and is saving the rest.  Smart boy!  Inside the card was a photo...


He looks pretty happy with his shoes! When you send a financial gift to your sponsor child, or a family gift, they will write and thank you, and tell you what they purchased.  The money does not go directly to the family, it goes to the project.  Then one of the workers will take the family shopping for what they need most.  In many cases it will be clothes.  Very, very rarely you will get a photo of the child with the items they bought, which is why I am so very please with this photo- because they are hard to get hold of!!

And lastly, this morning I checked my Compassion account.  All the faces were there, except one had changed! Every 2 years you get a updated official photo.  But, these can appear as early as 18 months after the last one.  In January, when I wrote to wish Bridget a happy 6th birthday, I told her she would be getting her photo taken soon, and asked if she could give me a big smile, because she is so beautiful. 

Well, could you get a bigger smile?!