"Speak up for those who cannot speak for themselves, for the rights of all who are destitute. Speak up and judge fairly; defend the rights of the poor and needy" Proverbs 31:8-9

Tuesday 28 June 2011

Time is running out

*This is a repost*

Hola! My name is Jorge. My birthday was in April. I turned 11 years old. I live in a city called Santa Rosa de Copan, which is in the mountains of Honduras. I live with my parents, who love me very much but have to work all the time. My mother sometimes works as a labourer and my father as a mason. When they do work they only get about $40 a week, which isn't much when they have to feed me and my 3 siblings, clothe us, send us to school and repair our home after the storms that come at Christmastime.

I like to play soccer with my friends, but we are too poor to buy a soccer ball of my own. I have to share with all the kids in my neighbourhood.



I will be so happy to have a sponsor. I have waited many months. Please, if you will sponsor me, I promise to write letters, to pray for you and to love you. Until I get a sponsor I will continue to go to the Compassion Project and each day I will cross my fingers and hope that I will get the news that I have been the lucky one, chosen to be sponsored.

If you would like to sponsor Jorge, I have his packet until 30th June. Sponsorship through Compassion Australia is $44 a month.

Update: 30th June- Many thanks to my Mum who has chosen to sponsor Jorge.